Friday, April 3, 2020

“BNM Institute of Technology, a College by Choice, Not by Chance”



About BNMIT – BNMIT


It was the month of May. The scorching heat had announced the arrival of not only summer but also the Admission-Time at BNMIT. The office arena had turned into a vibrant place with an ocean of people, mostly parents and their wards.

I had to get a document signed, so I walked towards the office building. As I walked past the corridor, I saw parents with gleaming eyes, waiting anxiously to meet the Principal. One could sense the kind of emotion that enveloped their minds. It was a turning point in the lives of parents as well as their children. The thought of four years of investment in a college and its outcome must have been storming their mind.

I was heading towards my department when one of the parents flashed a smile at me and I smiled back. Little did I know that the smile had played an important role in pacifying an anxious mind. She then walked up to me and asked where the canteen was. I readily accompanied her to BNM Café’ and then parted wishing her and her son good luck.

Days rolled by and the Academic Semester had commenced. It was time for the “Inauguration Function.” I walked into the Auditorium and found it packed with the excited parents and their wards. I found myself standing next to the same parent whom I had met near the Office. She invited me to sit next to her. I enquired whether her son was happy and had familiarized with the new environment. Without any hesitation, she said, “BNMIT is a college by choice and not by chance.” “An aura of learning envelops this edifice,” she continued. “An Institution in which Professors like you, enjoy working and extending help will fill my son’s four years with delight. I am confident that these four years will be marked by growth and learning, as he will be surrounded by intellectuals of this Institution.” With a soulful breath, she said, “I am convinced that my son has set foot into the right college.”

Proud as I felt, I gave her an assuring look, which no words could have given.



Ms Shashi Prabha
Assistant Professor
BNM Institute of Technology



DISCLAIMER: The material on this website is not to be used by any commercial or personal entity without expressed written consent of the blog author. The author does not in any way guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message and will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

No comments:

Post a Comment